Job Title: Inside Sales Consultant/Customer Service
Location: Portsmouth area
Report to: Sales Department
The Inside Sales Consultant/Customer Service Representative plays a critical role in acting as a trusted advisor as well as selling the products and services of the company. Our company’s success depends on our ability to meet our client’s challenges head-on, then solve them quickly and professionally. The Inside Sales Consultant drives this effort. This is a full-time position with benefits.
About the Company
AlphaGraphics is the Seacoast’s leading provider of Print, Copy, Signs, Banners, Design Services, Promotional Products for area businesses, as well as Architectural Drawings and Plans for the construction industry. AlphaGraphics has been a staple in the community for over 20 years.
The Inside Sales Consultant/Customer Service Person is responsible for evaluating client product needs, selling appropriate solutions, cross-selling the various services and products of the company. The position requires excellent client relationship management, working with the marketing department, estimating, and making proposals for work to clients. The ability to cold call is required.
- Work with the existing customer base and walk in customers to determine their print, marketing, and sign needs and recommend appropriate solutions
- Source product from third party vendors where appropriate
- Provide product estimates for clients after consultation
- Coordinate delivery / production of products with production or outside vendors as appropriate
- Manage client expectations, schedules, and prices as needed
- Prepare accurate invoices following established process guidelines
New Business Generation:
- Work with other Sales Consultants to achieve revenue targets
- Grow business with existing clients
- Prospect and network for new clients through regular outreach efforts
- As the customer’s advocate, communicate needs within the company to insure excellent customer service and product quality
- Promptly advise supervisor of any potential client issues which might require assistance or attention
The ideal candidate is a consummate sales professional with experience successfully selling in a business-to-business environment. Experience in print, marketing, promotional items, or signs is preferred but not required. The candidate has a passion for business, believes in providing top notch customer service and is a self-starter with a proactive, solution-oriented approach to handling client needs and daily challenges.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in sales and customer service within a fast-paced environment
- Team member with collaborative style who knows how to foster success in others
- Capable of juggling multiple priorities and operating with a calm sense of urgency
- Positive “can do” attitude (this is critical!)
Additional Skills and Abilities — Desired (Advantageous, but not required):
- College degree
- Familiarity with current print and copy technology (highly desirable)
- Working knowledge of computer technology
- Experience in business-to-business, retail, and/or manufacturing setting
- Driver’s license and access to vehicle
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested applicants should include a cover letter and resume. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until ideal candidate has been found.