The Office Manager/Bookkeeper is responsible for a variety of areas, including traditional bookkeeping activities, office supplies, management of office related contractors and other operational tasks. This is a fluid role where the ideal candidate addresses office-related issues that help the rest of the staff stay efficient.
About the Company
AlphaGraphics is the Seacoast’s leading provider of Print, Signs, Banners, Design Services, Promotional Products for area businesses, as well as Architectural Drawings and Plans for the construction industry. AlphaGraphics has been a staple in the community for over 20 years.
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, enter bills, make payments on time
- Send customer invoices, manage daily sales reports
- Receive and deliver bank deposits
- Review and confirm account statements
- Ensure office supplies are adequate, reordering as necessary
- Manage cleaning vendor, control quality
- Handle general building issues, possibly dealing with contractors, to maintain the building
- Other activities as needed
The ideal candidate has experience in bookkeeping, ideally in a small business setting. The candidate has a passion for business, believes in providing top notch customer service and is a self-starter with a proactive, solution-oriented approach to handling daily challenges.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Team member with collaborative style who is willing to do whatever needs to be done to help our team succeed
- Capable of juggling multiple priorities and operating with a calm sense of urgency
- Positive “can do” attitude (this is critical!)
- Working knowledge of computer technology including QuickBooks
Additional Skills and Abilities — Desired (Advantageous, but not required):
- College degree
- Quickbooks and/or accounting certification
- Familiarity with current print and copy technology
- Working knowledge of computer technology and MS Office applications
- Must have access to reliable transportation to our Portsmouth office
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
This is a great role for Moms or Dads who want midday work, want to keep their skills sharp and/or like working in a family-like team environment!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested applicants should include a cover letter and resume. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until ideal candidate has been found.
Job Type: Part-time, 20-30 hours per week